Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We're late this week because we've been busy and having fun!
We took Mina up to New Jersey to meet her cousins! I met them all about 3 years ago, so it was like meeting them again for the first time for me too-- but only they remembered me pretty good, since I was so cute when I was a baby...
Oh we had fun!
It turns out we got about a quarter Italian in us, and that makes us about a quarter fire fighter too!
Here we are wearing Chris's fire hat. Chris is almost 7, and he's very nice to us.

Chris showed Mina a video on his computer of a real fire that his family had to help put out!

Nicole is our big cousin. She's as old as Wesley (13!) and she loves us so much!

Our cousins live sort of close to New York City, and New York City has a big toy store, so we took all the kinds of transportation we could find to get ourselves there.
We took a bus and a train, and once we were there we even took a cab! Aunt Rose and Cousin Wesley came to help us get to the toy store.

Then when we finally got to New York, Mommy and Daddy decided to go to great big park before we went to the toy store.

We had fun running around after sitting on the train, so that was a good idea I think!


Then, we went to the toy store- FINALLY!

At FAO Schwartz they got a very big piano!

Very nice!
On Sunday, we had a big family picnic!
I got on my fire gear (Chris says you should always be ready for an emergency!)

Mina figured me and Chris could handle whatever came our way, so she just hung around on the playground!

And also, we ate a lot, because My Aunt Carol and Aunt Maria love to cook and I love to eat!

Then, on Tuesday, Chris and Uncle Paul Jr and Uncle Paul Sr took me to the Berkley Heights Fire Station where my Uncle Pauls work sometimes! Uncle Paul Jr is really my cousin, but he seems too grown up to just call Paul. Anyhow, My Uncle Pauls worked it out that we got to play on the fire trucks!



Uncle Paul Jr actually works at another fire station, but he knows everyone everywhere. Micheal is Chris and Nicole's big brother, and we were sad that he couldn't go with us to see the fire trucks, but then I found out that he was starting a special school that very day learning how he could be a fire fighter too! We've got a neat family, huh?
But then we had to go home, and we were sad, but also a little happy, because Daddy decided to take the car right to Kyla Grace's house to go meet her little brother Ian!

I spent some time at the chess board catching up with Kyla.

It was a fun day, and little Ian was very sweet and cute. But now, I'm very tired and so I'm going to go back to sleep!

No comments: