Monday, January 19, 2009

We Love the Hitchcocks!

Yeah! Our good friends, the Hitchcocks, came to town this weekend and we couldn't be more excited! We had SO much fun this weekend and I couldn't wait to tell you all about it.

First, Silly Kyla is a WATERBUG!! She does not mind water in her eyes, unlike us Mason girls.


Mina says, "It's cold." Yes....it's true, it was cold so we were stuck in the house for the first few days that Kyla was here. I think we all started to go a little stir crazy by day two, so.....


We introduced Kyla to MARBLES!! We had lots of fun "swimming" in the fish room. Kyla thought I was a dolphin that she could ride. She forgets that even though she's younger, she's bigger than me!


While we were wrestling in the fish room, little Mina went off to be a pirate! AHOY MATEY!! Even I have to admit she's pretty cute here.


Kyla and I found our way to the pirate ship eventually. We took some time to play in the hammock while Mina watched out for enemies above.

Next, we moved on to the craft room. I decided it would be a good idea to make some money to help mommy and daddy pay the monthly bills. Hey, if our government can do it, why can't I?!

Mina pulled her weight as well. She went down to the kitchen to wait some tables and take Mommy's food order....over, and over, and over, and over again.

We had so much fun at Marbles, but soon they closed. As we headed to the car, Mina did a little prayer for some snow!


As we waited for snow the next day, I thought it would be a good idea to break out my new paint set. I was having a VERY creative day. I made 6 whole masterpieces!


Not to be outdone, Mina and Kyle got their creative juices flowing too....and they had cameras snapping at them from all angles! We were definitely putting on a show with our cuteness all weekend.


I was the big kid this weekend, so I go to show Kyla, Mina and baby Ian how to do puzzles and play all my new games. Kyla and I snuck in a game of Tinkerbell cards before dinner on Monday.


Then I tried to work with Ian on his sitting, walking and crawling. I'm alot more maternal than everyone gives me credit for! :)


All in all, it was just a great weekend in spite of the weather. We were so sad to see Kyla go on Monday night. Here's hoping they didn't get caught in too much inauguration traffic on the way back to DC on the eve of the big night!


Before I let you go, I'll leave you with a little video of my Mina playing pretending games. First she wanted Daddy to "drive" her to the park. Then she decided she'd "push" him in his "stroller." Mina is SOO silly!

No comments: