Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cold weather!

When I woke up on Thursday, I told Mommy and Daddy that my mouth hurt and my stomach hurt and Mommy checked and I had a fever. Just a little while later, I went to the doctors and found out I had the scarlet fever! I had to get a shot of medicine in my leg- which sounded better than swallowing medicine for ten days at first, but turned out to be not a good idea at all. I came home and went to sleep for almost three hours.
I was sad all day Thursday and sleepy too, but as it turns out, I'm a bounce right back kind of girl. I was ready for Chick Fila by Friday morning and Monkey Joe's on Saturday!
It has been very cold outside for a week. There's even been a couple of days of snow flurries here.
To stay warm, we try to find fun inside, just like lots and lots and LOTS of other kids. Daddy was in Blacksburg gobbling with the Hokie birds, so we went to Monkey Joe's to bounce like the monkeys. We had so much fun!



Mommy didn't have as much fun as I did. She calls Monkey Joe's a traumatic brain injury waiting to happen, so I might not get to go again until I'm bigger.

We tried to play outside a little bit on Saturday but it was very cold and it made my little sister very, very sad. Since Mina was crying up a blue streak outside, we decided to take her home and let her try hot chocolate! We've never had it before and we liked it a lot!
Since we have it now, I think it's a good idea to drink it every day with marshmallows!
It's delicious!
And it makes Marina want to sing her ABCBs!

No comments: