Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Aunt Kim and Uncle Donald sent us some sweet little T-shirts to wear on the big day!

As you can see, our big girl is wearing undies! We started off pretty strong and couldn't wait to watch Mina grow up before our very eyes, but as it turns out, she is just not ready. Mina did a super-duper job staying dry for long stretches, but when she peed in her undies (which I told her was bound to happen sometimes!) she would cry and cry and cry -- so much it just broke your heart. So we got our diapers back out and decided if we have a potty training Mina and a newborn under one roof, than that is just how it's going to have to be.
But anyway, back to St. Pat's!
We had bad weather the weekend before St. Patrick's, but some sunshine the weekend after, so they moved all the downtown festivities to this past Saturday. We had the best time ever watching the Irish dancers. I told Mommy I wanted lessons, but then I told her I didn't. It's too bad Mina's too little for lessons, because she couldn't stop dancing!
Daddy and I rode some rides too.

The weather has been up and down lately, raining, sunny, warm and cold. So we play inside many days and outside whenever we see the sun!
Here are some of our inside good times- first playing with Daddy's glasses,

and next after I got into Hartley's makeup that she got for her birthday.

And here's some of our outside fun!
We celebrated Katie's 4th Birthday this week. Katie's mom and dad did a big outside thing for Katie this year, with a bouncy castle and a pinata and crafts!
Mina and Grace, the little sisters...

A pinata!

Ring around the Rosy in the bouncy castle!

On Saturday, we went to the local elementary school's spring carnival. One day, I hope I go to school and get to make cupcakes for the spring carnival, but I've still got a whole 'nother year after this one. So for now, we'll just show up to eat them!

And also, we got tattoos,


And rode the bouncy slide,

And hung out with the itty bitty pony!

The Harris Teeter dragon came, and Mina went right up and gave him a hug! Remember how scared Mina used to be of characters? No more!

Next weekend, we're going to celebrate a couple of more birthdays, which means we should have lots of pictures.
See you then!

No comments: