Saturday, August 29, 2009

Corolla, NC

As you know by now, we have spent the last seven happy and busy days wearing ourselves completely out with our northern Virginia friends at the Outer Banks! A couple of boys named Bill and Danny thought they might ruin our fun, but they underestimated the will of seven determined children under five!

We worked it out with Danny and Bill that a little rain when we were checking in OR when we were asleep was alright-- just as long as they brought us lots of jellyfish. And so it was. It was FUN! We swam and we played and we ran and rolled and dug and splashed. We built jellyfish castles and we played charades and painted and playdoh-ed and made ice cream sandwiches.
Oh, I had so much fun, you wouldn't even believe it!

A long, long, LONG time ago, my Mommy and Daddy got married in Corolla at Corolla Chapel.

So, they thought it would be special to take us there all these hundreds of years later.
I was skeptical, but then I was very happy to see that Corolla Chapel has a kids service with cake and crafts. So we talked and Jesus and made some cool desk art.

Oh, the times are changin'!

Once Mommy got that out of her system, we were free to run amok. Here's the house where we lived:

We had good times in the house. I think Jessa liked the house the best, because all the kids played with her there. She got all sorts of love and attention from Marissa and Michael!



Being in the house was fun for us too. We usually watched cartoons and made crafts for a couple of hours while we waited for everyone to get up and take us places.

And then, it was time to play and so we played and played and played!
We played in the ocean...



Little Mina was especially brave in the ocean this time. Usually she runs screaming from the water, but she had quite a different experience this time.



and we dug for sand treasures and we piled Ian in Jellyfishes and we buried ourselves in the sand.


Jessa wasn't really feeling it, but that's ok, because Mommy tells me next year this time, we won't be able to stop her!

We also spent lots of time at the pool!
Baby Jessa liked the pool!

But not as much as me! I decided this week it was high time for me to learn how to swim! You see, I've gone a a few YMCA camp in the mornings this summer, and at Y Camp, they let you practice your swimming every day. THEN, I saw a video of my friend Kyla swimmin' away with her mom. So I thought to myself: I can do this. And I did!
Mina splashed up a tropical storm of her own, but I think she needs a few more summers before she gets the doggie paddle.
One night we walked along the ocean with Mommy and Daddy. So relaxing...

We also grilled out!


I'm pretty sure I took this picture. This is my friend Kyla, who is very silly and so much fun!
And then, it was time to go. Already!
We packed up our things and said goodbye to the beach for another year (except not really, because we're going to see Mommy's friend Alyssa in Wilmington in a few weeks.) Good bye beach house!
On the way home we checked out the Outer Banks Aquarium!
Ribbuut!

Jessa likes fish!

Lobster monsters!

And then, next thing you know, we were home again.

1 comment:

karenprem said...

Great recap of a super fun week! I loved reading this and seeing all of the cute photos! I am so glad you captured Marissa's and Michael's love for Jessa. Michael has talked about her nonstop and has even cried a few times telling me how much he misses her. He'll be thrilled to see the photos.