Sunday, January 9, 2011

More happy birthday to Maddie!

I'm big alright! I'm S-I-X (I'm deep into a spelling phase right now).
It's very exciting to be the biggest girl in the family and it's great to show the sisters all they have to look forward to!
One big girl thing I like to do now is read my big girl book at the breakfast table.

and another big girl thing I like to do is (da da da dum....) have SLUMBER PARTIES!!!
Yay me! This weekend I had my first sleep-over party!
On Friday, I invited four of my friends to come over and celebrate my milestone birthday.
Besides my cousin Michaela, all my sleepover friends lived in the neighborhood, so that Mom could bring them home in case of nighttime scared-edness. But Mom worries too much- because no one got scared!
Molly and Katie and Katharine and Michaela and I all had the most funnest birthday time ever! We had a treasure hunt and we made out own pizzas and decorated our own cupcakes and giggled and whooped and danced and had more fun than we have ever had!



And then Mom read us a book called "Barbie's Special Sleepover" and it turns out our sleepover was just like Barbie's little sister's sleepover!


And then we watched movie and brushed all our teeths and next thing you know, we were all asleep in my family room. Mom slept on the couch- just in case anyone got the sleepover nerves!
And then, no one did and we all woke up and it was morning time!

Whew!
And then we had one more birthday cake this weekend and it was all over for another year.

We're getting very, super-duper excited for next weekend when we see our Florida Quinlans!
See you then!

No comments: