Tuesday, June 1, 2010

a whole lot of shakin' going on.

we are busy. we are so busy it would be easy to forget that it's summer vacation, except that's not going to happen because the POOL IS OPEN!
This year, I'm on swim team. Oh, I know what you're thinking. I'm awfully little for a swim team, right? Well, I'm in the 6 and under division, which means all I have to do to swim for the team is NOT be afraid of the water.
I am learning so much. Every day we practice, which is really just lessons, from 6:30-7, except weekends. I'm learning the freestyle and the backstroke.



That would almost be enough for a week. But as I already said, we have been busy!
I also graduated from preschool this week! It was a big event, followed by a cupcake -n- lemonade reception.




Here's a video of me doing my walk. They asked us earlier what we wanted to be when we grew up and how much we thought we'd make. I think I was having a silly day when I responded.



Miss Kim was one of my all time favorite teachers. I'm going to miss her!

And, if that weren't enough, we also squeezed in a trip to Florida over the weekend.
We left Thursday after graduation and stopped over at a hotel halfway in Georgia, then got back up and arrived around lunchtime on Friday.
We had all the fun we always have when we go see Grandma and Pop pop in Florida!
We were on the boat,



And on the back deck (crabbin'!)

We went to the beach (Jessa really loved it!)



And to the park!

We had a party for all sorts of reasons, including:
Daddy's birthday
Uncle Donald's birthday
My graduation
and Jessa's birthday.
Mina even picked up some goodies, 'cause our Florida relations love a party!


Next week will be a little slower, I'll just warn you. I have a swim event Saturday morning, but I think that's it.
So stay tuned.
See you next time.

No comments: